Time to pop the champagne, because we’re celebrating! We’re hugely proud to have won Best Organic Brand in the first ever Marie Claire Sustainability Awards!
We’re thrilled to have been recognised in these inaugural awards, which are solely dedicated to celebrating eco-friendly businesses making a difference.
Our founder, Sarah Brown says: “We're completely delighted to have won Best Organic Brand in Marie Claire's first Sustainability Awards. I firmly believe organic certification and sustainability go hand in hand. And this philosophy has been central to the Pai business and brand since we launched 13 years ago.
“Being sustainable isn't just about picking the right bottle to put your product in. It has to be about the ingredients that go into that bottle too - how they've been created or cultivated, how farmers and their communities have been protected, and what happens to those ingredients in our ecosystems when they become waste products and go down our plugholes.
“We like to think we've been walking the talk and driving the conversation on the ethical dimensions and efficacy of organic ingredients for some time! To have our commitment recognised by Marie Claire in this way is fantastic and a credit to the entire Pai team who live and breathe it every day."
Being acknowledged for our commitment to sustainability means the world to us - and we know being eco-conscious is important to you, too. We've made huge strides in the way we do things behind the scenes, and will continue to keep improving in whatever way we can.
Here are just a few of the things we’re doing to make sure we're caring for the planet as well as your skin:
We’ve got the use of plastics down to less than 10% in our warehouse. We’ve also cut the use of virgin plastic by 38%, and we now incorporate recycled plastic into 80% of our tubes. The remaining 20% are bioplastic, made from sustainably sourced non-GM sugarcane.
We’ve been certified organic since 2008 - a kitemark of authenticity. Our COSMOS organic certification means that we comply with COSMOS’ strict criteria of ingredient sustainability, biodegradability and organic content. This ensures we use natural resources responsibly, by following processes and procedures that are clean and respectful of human health and the environment - and we’re thoroughly checked and tested every year to make sure our standards never slip.
Recycling and returns
You can recycle almost every part of your Pai favorites at home, and we’ll do the rest for you with our free recycling service. We also offer free 90-day returns on all of our products; that means no product will ever go to waste, even if you have a change of heart.
Here’s what the Marie Claire judges had to say about us...
“Organic is an adjective thrown around liberally, as brands try to take advantage of an increasingly eco-conscious customer. But skincare label Pai has the credentials to back it up. Not only is it a certified organic brand, it’s been an organic formulator and manufacturer from the very beginning, too.
“Every single one of its products is created in-house, giving Pai Skincare a total view of the supply chain – from formulation to packaging – and its COSMOS organic certification means the company is held to the most rigorous standards of ingredient-sustainability, biodegradability and organic content (all of which are, of course, independently scrutinised).
“On a mission to be the leading authority in organic skincare, Pai is out to dispel the myths and misconceptions around organic beauty, while providing products that are as high-performing as they are kind to the environment. We’re 100% onboard for the journey.”
And we’re so glad you’re onboard for it too. A huge thank you to all of our Pai fans - we wouldn’t be where we are without you and your unwavering support. We hope you’ll raise a glass with us (don’t forget to recycle the bottle). Cheers!
Find out more about the Marie Claire Sustainability Awards and view all the 2021 winners here.
Rosehip BioregenerateRosehip Oil for All Skin TypesShop Now
Everyday Essentials KitCleanser, Tonic & Moisturizer BundleShop Now
Virtuous CircleKukui & Jojoba Bead Eco-Bead ExfoliatorShop Now
Light WorkRosehip Cleansing Oil for Sensitive SkinShop Now
Viper's GlossEchium & Amaranth Overnight Face OilShop Now
Polly PlumCalendula & Jojoba Comforting Body CreamShop Now